OFFICE 365 IMPLEMENTATION & OVERVIEW
Dear Parents/Guardians, Faculty and Staff,
King Philip will be providing access to Microsoft 365 for Education to students, teachers and staff in grades 7-12. This document describes the tools and student responsibilities for using these services and will be considered an extension of the King Philip Acceptable Use Policy. As with any educational endeavor, a strong partnership with families is essential to a successful experience.
The following services will be available as part of King Philip’s online presence.
Using these 21st Century tools, students collaboratively create, edit and share files and websites for school related projects and communicate via email with other students and teachers. These services are entirely online and available 24/7 from any Internet-connected computer. Examples of student use include showcasing class projects, building an electronic portfolio of school learning experiences, and working in small groups on presentations to share with others.
Guidelines for the responsible use of Microsoft 365 for Education by students:
1. Official Email Address: All students will be assigned a email@example.com email account. This account will be considered the student's official KPRSD email address until such time as the student is no longer enrolled with the King Philip Regional School District. Email and collaboration tools shall be used for academic purposes only.
2. Acceptable Use: Students will follow all guidelines in the KPRSD Acceptable Use Policy.
3. Access Restriction: Access to and use of student email is considered a privilege accorded at the discretion of the King Philip Regional District. The District maintains the right to immediately withdraw the access and use of these services including email when there is reason to believe that violations of law or District policies have occurred. In such cases, the alleged violation will be referred to a building Administrator for further investigation and adjudication.
4. Security: The King Philip Regional School District cannot and does not guarantee the security of electronic files located on online hosted systems. Although these services do have a powerful content filter in place for email, the District cannot assure that users will not be exposed to unsolicited information.
5. Backups: Students must maintain backups of all files.
6. Privacy: The general right of privacy will be extended to the extent possible in the electronic environment. The King Philip Regional School District and all electronic users should treat electronically stored information in individuals' files as confidential and private. However, users of student email are strictly prohibited from accessing files and information other than their own. The District reserves the right to access the hosted systems, including current and archival files of user accounts when there is reasonable suspicion that unacceptable use has occurred.
The Overview will be held at the King Philip High School Auditorium during the below times.
Additional Office 365 Resources can be found below under LINKS.
ATTENTION IPASS USERS (iParent & iStudent)
iPass (iParent & iStudent) is being designed to preserve the old and provide a roadmap towards the new interface. The new iPass will function best in Internet Explorer 10, Firefox v23, and Google Chrome. You may experience performance issues in IE9 and lower as well as Safari.
IParent System & Connect Ed Communications
Attention Parents: King Philip Middle School and High School parents receive notifications about important events, emergencies and general information via “Connect Ed” calls and emails. iParent users automatically get these communications. However, if you prefer, you can subscribe to Connect Ed by downloading the Middle School Connect Ed or High School Connect ED form and return completed to the main office or by regular mail. This can be done prior to the start of school as well as anytime throughout the year. Emailed forms will not be accepted.
Remember, If any of your contact information changes please notify us using the form above, so we can keep you informed.
To register for an iParent account, please go to https://ipass.kingphilip.org and click on register for iParent account. You do not need to register if you already have access.
If you need assistance with your iParent account so that you can view your child’s schedule, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Iparent help at 508-541-7324
How To's, Professional Development Packets and other information regarding King Philip technology.
Acceptable Use Policy
KPRSD Bring Your Own Technology Policy
Wireless Network Connection
KPRSD Technology Plan (Living Document)